Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 37 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Re: Rules and questions
MessagePosté: Mer Fév 22, 2012 1:41 pm 
Modérateur

Strip 310 - http://maliki.com/strip.php?strip=310
I purpose all your ideas to the rest of the team. I'll inform you when this will be validated.

We have 3 strips underway for the moment but they're still messy.
There's just this one (it's more an illustration but there's some words). I haen't receive opinions about it for the moment so if you want :

Strip 319 - Youpi 2012 - http://maliki.com/strip.php?strip=319
Yipee 2012
___
Best wishes for survival in 2012 I didn't want to repeat for, but it's maybe for 2012

Global warming ?
Crazy Mayas
Financial crisis
Election In plural on the illustration but not sure it is used
Nuclear (energy)

Citation:
How did it crash? Did something get corrupted somewhere? (I don't know much about websites. -_- )
Ooo! I hope he likes my work so far! :D
Ah. Like pawns on a chess board then? ;) I wana be a knight for the glory of Maliki! [link]

I don't remember how it happened but there's a lot of possibilities.
Yeah exactly like pawns :) I'm the bishop then cause I'm crazy and in French we said "fou" (madman) for bishop (I search why and it's just because the original name in Arabic has been changed and give this word even if there's no etymologic reason for this ^^)

MessagePosté: Mer Fév 22, 2012 6:11 pm 

Yay! I hope they like my ideas because translating is fun!. :D

And I don't mind messy. It might even be fun to help clean it up! ;)
OMG! I live this pic! XD (second only to Viking Invasion! ;D )

Yipee 2012 (my spell check is telling me that it's spelled "yippee" but I've seen it spelled differently all over the place.)
___
Best wishes for survival in 2012 I didn't want to repeat for, but it's maybe for 2012 (Its perfect except it needs the word "of" after "Best". ;) Where would you have placed the second for just to ask?)

Global warming ? (looks good to me. :) )
Crazy Mayas (lol :p )
Financial crisis
Election In plural on the illustration but not sure it is used (If there are more than one elections going on then yes.)
Nuclear (energy)

*gasps* Maybe even sabotage?! o_o
You don't seem to be crazy but all the cool people always have a little crazy in them. ;D
If you're the bishop and I'm the Knight, then we are both right in the middle of the chess hierarchy! (in third place behind the rook and then the queen. ;) )

MessagePosté: Mer Fév 22, 2012 6:23 pm 

Ack! [electro] I was just reviewing Strip 310 when I noticed a spelling error that I missed! (hee)

"Are my sweatshirt and the SNCF seat covers made in the same place?" (no s after seat. [siffle] )

MessagePosté: Mer Fév 22, 2012 7:09 pm 
Modérateur

Yipee 2012 (my spell check is telling me that it's spelled "yippee" but I've seen it spelled differently all over the place.)In fact it's just a mistake when I copied it XD
___
Best wishes for survival in 2012 I didn't want to repeat for, but it's maybe for 2012 (Its perfect except it needs the word "of" after "Best". ;) Where would you have placed the second for just to ask?)
Best of wishes for survival for/in 2012

Financial crisis
Election In plural on the illustration but not sure it is used (If there are more than one elections going on then yes.)
Just our new president (just XD)
Nuclear (energy)It's understandable with just nuclear I think

Citation:
*gasps* Maybe even sabotage?! o_o
You don't seem to be crazy but all the cool people always have a little crazy in them. ;D
If you're the bishop and I'm the Knight, then we are both right in the middle of the chess hierarchy! (in third place behind the rook and then the queen. ;) )

I don't think anyone would sabotage this forum especially since it's a good quality one.
Yeah certainly :p
Queen is Maliki and rook ...maybe the others moderators are hiding in the high tower like Raiponce XD After all we have Gargouille (which means gargoyle), Mischiev (like in mishievous so she would have the tower key) and Sheron (a monstruous troll that would guard it), they could have fun in a tower! (and they would destroy all the things XD)

I changed seats by seat for the 310 ;) Thanks!

MessagePosté: Mer Fév 22, 2012 8:10 pm 

Yipee 2012 (my spell check is telling me that it's spelled "yippee" but I've seen it spelled differently all over the place.)In fact it's just a mistake when I copied it XD lol
___
Best of wishes for survival for/in 2012 Nah, you got it right leaving that out. :D )

Financial crisis
Just our new president (just XD) (then "election" is correct. ;) )
Nuclear (energy)It's understandable with just nuclear I think(it looks fine to me. :) )

*phew* That's a relief. :)
Had to look up Raiponce since its know as "Tangled" here. :) (the english word for the story reference is Rapunzel. "Rapunzel! Rapunzel! Let down your hair! ;) )
So, to get to Rapunzel, one needs track down and recover the key from Mischiev, fight with the airborne Gargouille just to enter, and then do an epic battle with the mighty troll Sheron once inside? Sounds like quiet an adventure! ;D

MessagePosté: Mer Fév 22, 2012 8:27 pm 
Modérateur

Oh yeah, I forgot for Tangled. I was looking at video about it before and I searched with Tangled tough.

So... as I have nothing to give you for the moment. Is there some strips you would like to see translated in particular or a character you would like to know more?

MessagePosté: Mer Fév 22, 2012 8:51 pm 

I can't pick just one out of the mass of her awesome works. Too much awesome to choose from...@_@ I'm happy to discuss any that you might want to though. ;D
As for the characters, I would love to talk about all of them but I'll make a new thread to keep this one organized and clutter free. [z]

MessagePosté: Mer Fév 22, 2012 10:15 pm 

Manirian a écrit:
Strip 65 - http://maliki.com/strip.php?strip=65
The translation team agreed with your sentence and so we validated this strip too :) Thanks again !

Citation:
All those strips and only 3 of you? omg. o_o (very nice work though. ;) ) Maybe if we all work together, we can reduce that mountain of work into rubble! ;D
Also, what happened to the first translation team? Maliki and the strip are too awesome to just stop working on it and disappear... [sob]

In fact, I was in the first translation team too. At that time, we had just one topic to make our translations so it was a little messy. A lot of people came and joined for short periods and left, and came back again and so on. This was really difficult to manage cause there was a lot of translations underway and newcomers sometimes prefered to just purpose a translation for a strip they like and after that they didn't come back anymore. Besides that, we didn't have just to translate, we had to clean the strips and add the words so there were cleaners, translators, scribers and so on.
Then, there was a crash. All the data of the Creative lab in the French section were lost. Some people complained, but a lot just recreated their topics and it kept going this way. But for the translation topic... All the work we were doing had then seemed to be lost and there ended the first translation team.

And then... coming from the nothingness, with a power that overwhelmed all of us, was a man. He was of pure gold and... errr I think it's a little too much, isn't it? In fact there was a member that was trying to manage all the translations in the topic. He had the motivation and he had a server in which he had kept a lot of the translations we were doing. So he bring back the topic to life, kept a list of the translated strips to date (as I'm doing now) and we began to be a little more organized.
This era lasted not a long time. The man had gone missing. He had to study and we kept going nevertheless. And then a pure morning, on a Sunday, the 13th of March 2011, the section appeared. Maliki had found in us the will and wanted at the same time to help us and to make us work better for her (as she is our goddess but also our tyrant). From then we has been organized, I has taken the management of the team cause the man was still missing.

Now, we have sometimes his visits. He comes and help us, but he don't have the time to do more. But all of those who remembered about his acts are thankful cause he is the one that allowed all of that!

XD I had fun writing this :)

Thanks you so much !

It really touch me that somebody remembers those dark times of translating and paint cleaning of the strips and the role I played [lady]
That was the old good time, I was studying in England, and had plenty of time for coding, translation and pixel art (I have created a fifth of the actuals smiley, all at this period).
But, then, I returned to France, and now, I have very few moments for me. I really would like to continue to translate strips, but I haven't enough time to do so -__-' T_T (and I'm a little bit rusty too...)

The great and powerful Maliki sent me a MP to thanks me for the work done when she creates the translation forum, but as I wasn't as present as I use to be, I don't have been honoured by a special grade or a simple public line of text.

But I know that, somewhere in her messy and goddess mind, she remembers who was on the first translation team and the huge amount of work that have been done, and I can only thank all the people that have continued to translate strips.

More particularly, thank you Manirian ! You were here at the beginning, and you are still alive and kept translating strips !
Thanks you so much !

One day, maybe, translated strips will be well known, and this day, all the translators could say to themselves "hey, if people are happy by reading this, it's thanks to my job !" "damn, we are good !"

So thank to Maliki to help translators,
thank to the translators,
and thank to the readers ;)

Faithfully yours, [TheDarkTiger] [lady]

MessagePosté: Mer Fév 22, 2012 11:09 pm 

Wow, thanks for the visit [TheDarkTiger]! :D
I will do my best to help out the translators in any way I can! All they have to do is ask and I'll do my best. ;D
Translating is fun. [lady]

MessagePosté: Ven Fév 24, 2012 11:51 pm 

Well, I'm pretty sure you can be helpful for the translations. ;)
I don't really know if the problem is solved, but back on time, we had difficulties to find native speaker to check our translations.
May be should you offer your help as a checker in the translation post ?

Anyway, thanks for your interest in strip's translation ! :meow:

MessagePosté: Sam Fév 25, 2012 2:45 am 

Where do I post to offer my services? If it's in the french section do I have to say everything in french? I don't know much french other than bonjour though. ^^; (Translating the word fufu was fun though so if I have to I'll use a translation program and hope that its not too garbled. [siffle] )
Although I'm pretty good at grammar and sentence structure, I'm not a master of the written word. However, my roommate is, so you have access to a real professional writer/book editor whenever I'm not sure about something. ;D

MessagePosté: Sam Fév 25, 2012 4:52 pm 
Modérateur

The best thing to do is to join the rest of the team directly. I translated the title of the topics.
You should go there
viewforum.php?f=20

The topics which will be useful to us are the ones tagged like that : "Strip number - French title". They are the strips underway. I'll translated our comments and you will be able to join us whenever you want :)

MessagePosté: Dim Fév 26, 2012 2:27 am 

So just strip 318 and 319 at the moment? Let the work begin then! [link]

And just to see if using a translation program would really butcher anything I try to say in french, here is my attempt at speaking french:

"Bonjour. C'est moi essayant de parler français. J'espère que ce n'est pas trop mal. Si sa bonne laissez-moi savoir. Si ce n'est pas, je serai un panda triste." [mascotte]

original:
Hello. This is me trying to speak french. I hope it's not too bad. If its good let me know. If not, I'll be a sad panda.

MessagePosté: Lun Fév 27, 2012 11:15 am 
Modérateur

I don't want you to try to talk French. In fact we will all talk in English in the section so there'll be no need.
And I don't want you to begin translation on new strips, but as you're precious to us, you can ask me for any strip you like to be translated and I'll do the first translation so that we can all worked on it.
I don't want you to spend time on French things as they're not needed. ;)

So now, as I didn't explain how the section works. Here we go :
When you want to help translating, you just look at the last post in a topic and you used the button "citer" (= quote) at the bottom right of the message. Then you can add your opinion like you've done before with using your own color and without deleting other people comments unless all the translators said they were ok with it. For that, we use the "+1" thing. When we agreed with someone's translation we just write "+1" with our color or "+1 for Traveler/Mani/doudoubaer".
For the text color, maybe, if it's ok with you, you could use green,red,orange? Dark blue is not really visible sometime, you'll need a color more lighter (but not too much either XD)

MessagePosté: Lun Fév 27, 2012 2:50 pm 

No french? Darn. At least I tried. *angel*
Wow, I'm precious? [blush] How many Native english speakers have helped here in the past just to ask?

So, I've got to pick a new color? How about light grey? If not, what about just grey? And if not that, then I'll go with.....This. :D

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 37 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante